First, I would like to thank the Academy for this lovely honor. I am kidding of course. (I would start an Academy award acceptance speech with, “I’m king of the world!”. Unless someone has already done that?)
While I have only been blogging for a short time, the one thing I have quickly realized is how supportive the blogging community is. For the most part, I think it is because we are all doing it because we like to write, or we are passionate about a subject that is shared well on a blog platform. While there are stories of people striking it blog rich, we all have our own specific niche so we never seem to be in competition with each other. The Liebster Award is a lovely example of this fellow blogger support.
In German, Liebster means many wonderful things such as sweetheart, dearest, pleasant, kind, and lovely. As such, the Liebster award is for new bloggers whose blog embodies these qualities. In essence, it is a way for new bloggers to support other new bloggers; in being awarded the Liebster Award someone is telling you that your posts are interesting, and to keep at it. You then pay the recognition forward.
I would like to thank Natalie from PegCityLovely for noticing Laughing Mom, and for sending the Liebster Award my way.
The rules of the Liebster Award, since I chose to accept it, are to link back to the person who nominated you, list 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 random questions posted by the nominator, create 11 questions for my nominees, and nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award. Here goes!
11 Random Facts About Myself
11. I want to live in a city where my kids can trick-or-treat in their costume, as opposed to a snow suit.
10. Even though I moved to Canada when I was a year old, I had an English accent until about grade 2.
9. In my grade 12 life prep course I named my egg twins: Scythe and Blade. I thought I was so witty.
8. I am not nervous when speaking in public.
7. I love gadgets.
6. I used to love scary movies, but since having children I can no longer watch them.
5. I was engaged for two years before getting married.
4. My hair will not grow past my neck line. Even when pregnant.
3. I almost never leave the house without mascara and lip balm on.
2. I don’t have any aunts, uncles, or first cousins.
1. I wish my sister and I lived in the same city.
Answer 11 random questions from nominator (to also be used by my nominees).
11. What is the first thing you do every morning? Check the video monitor to see if either of the kids are awake.
10. Favorite family activity? Playing ‘tag’.
9. Rain or Snow? Snow – as long as it isn’t super cold as well.
8. What is your greatest accomplishment? Is it corny to say my kids? I am a mom blogger…
7. What would you do with a million dollars? Share with family, take a family vacation to Tahiti.
6. What is your favorite movie(s)? Am not sure I have one. My son sings to the Fox and Hound 2 so I’d choose that one for now.
5. If you were invisible where would you go or what would you do? Sneak onto the set of Vampire Diaries and visit the Salvatores.
4. Favorite song/artist? When You Say Nothing at All (was my wedding song).
3. If you could go on vacation anywhere right now where would you go? Bora Bora / Tahiti and stay in one of those huts built over the water with glass floors in them.
2. If your friends had to describe you in one word what would it be? Chatty?
1. What is your pet peeve? People who ask you a question and then interrupt your answer.
Nominate 11 other blogs.
11. Posh Says. http://poshsays.wordpress.com/about/
10. Lady or Not. http://ladyornot.com/
9. Thought Baker. http://thoughtbaker.com
8. iGame Mom. http://igamemom.com/about/
7. BeFaster. http://befasterblog.wordpress.com/contact/
6. Momaccounts http://momaccounts.com/
5. Creative Endevours: http://boxcarokie.com/
4. 5 Kids With Disabilities: 5kidswdisabilities.com/
3. She Waddles Like a Duck: http://shewaddleslikeaduck.blogspot.ca
2. True Aim Education: http://www.trueaimeducation.com/
1. Team Fabulicious: http://www.teamfabulicious.com/